Veracruz Chronicles

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Ansel blogs: My sixth birthday!

You have plenty of pinatas on your birthday, if you know what I mean.

The second pinata

Most kids like me don't have a pinata at their birthday in Oklahoma. I had two pinatas at school, one was a soccer ball and one was a rabbit. I hope that you know that a rabbit is my favorite animal, because it really is.

First we had a party for the Day of the Nino, my friends brought me a top. And how my baby party started is there are these cakes and people stuff them with babies and if you are lucky, you get a baby and you have a party. That's what happened to me, I was lucky and I got four babies.

Cake at my baby party
Edna, Fab y Edna Jr.
These are our friends that invited us for rosca de reye, so now they are at our house for the baby party.

The day before my birthday, we had to go to the pinata store and buy the pinatas and all the candy. We had to take it all the way back to the school from the square. Then, when we got to the school, we had to stuff the pinatas, with all the candy we bought. My party wasn't like everyone else's, because we had bandanas that mom bought in Oklahoma.

My cake at school

We ate tamales and cake and broke the pinatas. My friends liked the bandanas and I helped them tie them on. People have parties for every occasion here. Let me make a recommendation, you should have two pinatas at your party, cause that's how many I had!

3 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Blogger Peter Williams said...

Hi Ansel,Happy Birthday!
Natalie and Stuart

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ansel, come home right now!! You are too cute and I can't stand it anymore for you to be away and now you are even having birthdays(with, was it 2 or 3? pinatas?)without me!
Love you oodles and oodles!
Granny P

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Grandma Griffin said...

That was a super-duper blogging job you did, Ansel! Your Grandpa Griffin says to tell you hi and he enjoyed reading it too -- and eating the delicious tamales!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home